Jenkins is an Open Source CI / CD software program that you can easily install on an AWS instance.
Here is how to install Jenkins:
sudo apt install default-jre wget -q -O - http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/debian/jenkins-ci.org.key | sudo apt-key add - sudo sh -c 'echo deb http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/debian-stable binary/ > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jenkins.list' sudo apt update sudo apt install jenkins sudo systemctl start jenkins
Here are some additional useful commands:
sudo systemctl status jenkins
Here are the next steps you need to follow:
- Open a port in the AWS Security Group for your instance for port 8080 on 0.0.0.0/0 to allow http access to the Jenkins user interface.
- Go to the instance's IP address at port 8080 to run through the Jenkins installation.
- Confirm the Jenkins password per the instructions on screen.
- Select the plugins that you need for your Jenkins installation.
- Create your account and password.