One of the lovely, lovely things about your kids getting older, possibly the only damn thing, is that as they do, you and your spouse / significant other, have more time for each other. In the case of my wife and I, we are finally trying to set a formal date night – every Tuesday night.
The way that I wanted to do this was to structure it so that one week I plan it and the next week she plans it. That way it isn’t always my responsibility and isn’t always her responsibility.
Now this seems simple enough until you want to put it on your calendar because this isn’t a simple “Every Week Repeat”. What I want is:
- week 1 - Shelley & Scott Date Night; Scott Plan
- week 2 - Shelley & Scott Date Night; Shelley Plan
- week 3 - Shelley & Scott Date Night; Scott Plan
- week 4 - Shelley & Scott Date Night; Shelley Plan
The trick here is as follows:
- On the first week you create the event titled “Shelley & Scott Date Night; Scott Plan” with whatever time (I chose 7 pm to 11:30 pm)
- Then you click More Options
- Change Does Not Repeat to Custom
- Set it to Repeat every 2 weeks
- Add your spouse / significant other’s email as a guest
- Save the event
And that gives you this type of calendar entry!
Posted In: #google_calendar