So I needed to register a .IO domain today. Amazon had .io domains at $71 per and Google had them at $60. A quick check with my guru of cheapness, Nick Janetakis, said:
And he convinced me. Here are some tips:
- Do not accept any of their options.
- Just the domain, Sir, just the domain.
- Use DDOS protection from CloudFlare instead of their option. CloudFlare is free.
- Once you are registered then the option you likely need is to create an A record. This is done by selecting the domain from the Domain Manager view and then clicking the blue icon.
- Amazon is way prettier but double the price is a hard sell.
- After you create it, wait some period of time and ping it. Verify the ip address is yours.
Posted In: #dns