As a contractor for the ADL, I recently went through our official bias and diversity training. I put together my notes on that for a new hire who recently joined us.
Here are some of the discussion questions:
- Is it ok for people of a group to use slurs about their own identity?
- Should airlines be required to provide multiple seats to obese people ?
- Does your work place treat everyone fairly?
- Can anyone be successful in the USA?
- Does the USA live up to its ideals of racial diversity?
- Do women have the same opportunities as men?
- Do people of color have the same opportunities as white people?
- Peanut butter racism
- Blind spot bias you may have bias that you see in others but can't see in yourself
- White fragility by d Angelo
- MTV micro aggressions
- (my personal favorite (this is a Scott thing)- Tea and Consent)