This is my canonical “chicken soup for when you’re sick”. This batch I made for our neighbors Marnie and Brian with a batch of roasted carrots for Brian who’s apparently a carrot junkie. You can really add almost anything to soups and a can of corn would be a logical addition if you like that sort of thing.
- 1 Heavily Seasoned Chicken Breast from the Grill
- 1 Can Canned Chicken (large)
- 2 boxes swanson stock
- 2 onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- Frozen Bell Pepper
- Carrots sliced on the bias (diagonally)
- Take a large soup pot, preferably non stick but you can use anything and heat it up over medium heat.
- Saute the onions, bell pepper and carrots for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, keeping it moving constantly.
- Add the stock.
- Add the chicken.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes