- 1 avocado
- 1 cup packed parsley and cilantro leaves (combined)
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of one lime (or two – get lots of limey goodness in there!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios or walnuts
- Pulse all ingredients – except nuts – in a food processor until incorporated.
- Add nuts and pulse until mostly smooth (depends on what consistency you want).
- Serve as a dip, spread, or sauce — or add additional water or oil to thin the sauce for use as a dressing or a marinade.
I made this the first time without the parsley and with hazelnuts instead of pistachios / walnuts and it was simply delightful. Recommended.
See Pinch of Yum.