Yes the main ingredient is Zucchini and yes they actually taste like crab cakes (apparently crab cakes simply taste like Old Bay seasoning).
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.5 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ cup Minced onion
- Fresh parsley if you have it
- Fresh black pepper
- Shred the zucchini in a food processor if at all possible.
- Blend all ingredients using a stand mixer.
- Pan fry in olive oil (or, better yet, dunk in a fryer for about 3 minutes at 356).
- Serve with remoulade sauce.