1 tbsp vegetable oil 1.5 pounds round steak cut into 1 inch pieces or 1.5 pounds boneless beef ribs 1 yellow onion chopped 4 cloves garlic minced 2 chopped carrots 1 bell pepper 4 cups beef stock 3 cups tomato juice 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with juice 1 tsp chili powder 1 tsp soy sauce gluten free 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce gluten free ½ tsp dried thyme 1 bay leaf 1¼ tsp sa;t Pepper to taste 1.5 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen or canned Parmesan cheese for topping
- In large dutch oven, over medium heat warm oil.
- Add meat onion and garlic and saute 10 minutes until meat is no longer pink.
- Add carrots and bell pepper and mix well searing for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add stock, tomato juice, tomatoes, chili powder, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 1.25 hours. Taste meat and if tough, simmer another hour or so,
- Add corn and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf and discard. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.