This is absolutely delicious.
- 3/4 cup store-bought or homemade dulce de leche + 1 tbsp
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cups almond slivers
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes (unsweetened or sweetened)
Optional (to taste / availability; very good even without it; healthier with it)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Take a large cookie sheet and cover it with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, almonds, walnuts, groats, cinnamon, salt and stir well.
- In a small bowl combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, dulce de leche and vanilla extract.
- Mix the contents of the small bowl into the large bowl and stir well until combined.
- Put the granola on the cookie sheet and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir and place back on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Combine the coconut and the 1 tbsp dulce de leche together.
- Remove, stir again and add the coconut / dulce de leche.
- Bake a final time for 15 minutes.
- Remove, cool and then pack into tupperware / ziplock bags.
I based this on a recipe from Crowded Kitchen.