- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach -or- a 5 ounce package
- 2 (15 oz) cans Cannellini white beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Pre-heat the oven to 475 degrees. In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Fry the garlic until lightly golden, about 1 minute. Add in the diced tomatoes (be careful of splattering) and mash them down with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon. Let cook for about a minute and then reduce the heat as needed to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add the spinach and the beans, water and then all the Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, and season with the salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top, then bake until the cheese has melted and browned in spots; for about 8 to 10 minutes. For more browning, switch to the broiler setting and leave under the broiler for about 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy immediately.