- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 package sugar snap peas, 15 oz or approximate
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced, 8 ounces
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and minced
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- Cut sugar snap peas in half (if desired). Smash garlic and then mince it; keep garlic separate. Dice water chestnuts and add to sugar snap peas. Cook bacon separately and mince.
- Heat oil in wok until sizzling.
- Add sugar snap peas and water chestnuts to wok and cook for 5 minutes keeping in constant motion. Add soy sauce while cooking so flavor infuses into the vegetables.
- Clear a center hole in the snap peas and add the garlic and bacon. You want to immediately start moving the garlic around – garlic burns if left still in a hot pan. Cook for roughly 30 seconds until you can smell the garlic.
- Transfer to serving dish. Getting it out of the pan stops the garlic from over cooking.