Cooked Cranberry Compote Ready for Serving
Cranberry Compote over Vanilla Yogurt
I recently was part of a team offsite and my coworker Lauren made this. It was a delicious topping to either fruit and yogurt or the Pumpkin Pecan pancakes that I made. Thanks Lauren!
- 2 apples, cored and diced with skin on (by preference)
- 1 bag cranberries
- 1 cup light maple syrup such as sugar free
- Lemon and Cinnamon or Ginger to taste (Cinnamon is Lauren’s standard but we didn’t have any and used Ginger and it was actually delightful)
- Core and dice the apple into rough chunks.
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients except lemon and cinnamon / ginger.
- Cook over medium heat until most of the cranberries pop.
- Add the lemon and cinnamon / ginger to taste.