2 cups packed basil leaves (approx. 2 oz) ⅓ cup olive oil ½ cup finely chopped walnuts (optionally toast them) 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed ½ cup grated parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons softened butter (optional) ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place basil, olive oil, walnuts, garlic and salt (if using) in food processor.
- Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add Parmesan and butter (if using) and blend 5-10 seconds more.
- Just before serving, add 2 Tbsp of hot pasta water from cooked pasta.
- Serve over pasta with bread and salad.