- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ounce; more if you like it spicy
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles or 2 poblano peppers diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 corn tortillas cut into strips
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese (divided)
- toppings: sour cream, chopped red onion, jalapenos, chopped fresh cilantro, guacamole, sliced avocado
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet until meat is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. If using fresh poblanos then add them during the start of this step.
- Add the taco seasoning, water, salsa and green chiles. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, tortilla strips and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese melts. Then stick it under the broiler to brown the top.
- Serve with toppings.