- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cans pinto beans, rinsed
- 4 tbsp bacon drippings
- 2 onions chopped fine
- 4 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded and minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tsp lime juice (optional)
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro (optional)
- Process broth and all but 1 cup beans in food process and until smooth.
- Add remaining beans and process until slightly chunky.
- Melt bacon drippings and add onion, jalapeno and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 60 seconds.
- Add beans and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until thick and creamy.
- Stir and add cilantro and lime juice if using.