This is a follow up to my original Horchata recipe.
- 2 2/3 cups uncooked white long-grain rice
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 10 cups water
- 2 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup Truvia sugar substitute
- Place the cinnamon sticks in a blender and essentially pulverize them. Add the rice and blend until the rice and cinnamon sticks are roughly ground up (2 minutes). Pour this into a nut milk strainer bag. Place the bag in a large pitcher and add all the water.
- Let the rice mixture soak at room temperature at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Once the rice mixture has soaked for at least 8 hours, remove the bag and squeeze it to get all the juice out.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, and sugar, then chill ready to serve. Serve over plenty of ice