I originally found this recipe floating around Reddit a number of years ago and I’ve been making it consistently for parties ever since. This is a lightened up, freshened version of it and the reviews from the consumers remain stellar.
- 2 cans fat free retried beans, 16 oz
- 16 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 2.5 tbsp chili powder
- 3 fresh jalapeños diced
- 1 block light cream cheese
- 2 big squirts sriracha
- shredded cheese to top
- Mix cream cheese, greek yogurt, beans, jalapeños and chili powder in a standing mixer. Add hot sauce to taste, Make sure to mix well.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish. This makes a large batch so it may end up needing two baking dishes. Cover top in cheese (don’t sprinkle it on, you’re gonna use pretty much the whole bag). Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is looking golden and melty.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving or it WILL be lava.