- 1/4 cup gluten free hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 cup cashews (much better with 1 cup)
- green onions, for garnish
- cooked rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the hoisin, chili garlic sauce and broth. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put into a bowl. Sprinkle the cornstarch over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the rice wine vinegar and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in the hoisin mixture and cashews. Stir to combine and heat through. Garnish with green onions.