- 4-ounce cold-water lobster tails
- 1 tbsp butter per lobster tail
- Ziplock bags for sous vide process
- Remove lobster from shell.
- Put lobster and butter into bag.
- Fill a deep pot or food storage container halfway with water.
- Submerge the partially sealed bag into the water so that all ingredients are covered with water but no water gets into the bag. Now you’ll perform the water displacement method of sealing the bag. Use one hand to help squeeze air out of the bag (the water itself does the heavy lifting here, but you’ll help it out) and the other hand to finish sealing the bag’s zip top. Remove bag from water and set aside.
- Clamp your sous-vide cooker to the side of the pot and set the temperature to 135°F and the timer for 45 minutes.
- When water is preheated, carefully place the sealed bag back into the water. Cook for 45 minutes.
- When timer sounds, remove bag from water. Tender, buttery lobster is ready to serve.