My good friend David Mott has a thing for meatball subs – and I mean a thing. Here is the latest meatballs that I came up with for him.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 to 2 1/4 pounds ground pork (or diced pork ran thru a food processor to grind it)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 minced onion; small as you can easily get it
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan
- In a giant ass bowl or stock pot combine all ingredients in this order meat, everything except eggs. Then add the eggs.
- Roll into balls all the same size. I like about 1” to 1 1/4” but it is up to you. The bigger you make them the longer they take to cook.
- Place on a rack set in a rimmed baking sheet. You will need at least 3 trays for this amount of meat.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes flipping them once so they brown evenly.