Note: It should look roughly like this.
Note: When you bake it this long you end up with a much thicker cheese layer, weird but delicious.
Sammy Waltz is a good friend of my wife and she recently made for us a Baked Mostaccioli pasta dish which was to die for. I tried to recreate it but I lacked some of the same ingredients and then made a mistake – and we really liked the results. So I guess you never know …
- 1 box Ronzoni Gluten Free Penne or Curly Pasta
- 1 28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 big bag shredded mozarella
- 2 pounds “Bork” - this is a beef / pork mixture I found at Kroger
- Cook the pasta with 1 tbsp kosher salt for 9 to 11 minutes until done. Toss the pasta into a baking dish.
- Cook the bork until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add to the bork the tomato products and all the seasoning and stir well.
- Add the meat sauce to the pasta and stir it around.
- Top the pasta with the mozzarella.
- Bake it for 60 minutes. Yes this feels too long; I left it in by accident due to a vicious dispute with my Alexa timer. This will make the cheese actually a bit crunchy and … damn … delicious. My kids actually complimented it.