- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut (like Coco Lopez or Goya)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, or 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon for garnish, optional
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, cream of coconut, evaporated milk, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon sticks, and nutmeg (all the ingredients except the rum) in a large saucepan. Warm over medium-high heat until just starting to simmer. Remove from heat, cover, and let infuse for 30 minutes.
- Chill this in the fridge for at least 2 hours or for up to 3 days.
- Serve over ice and garnish with cinnamon.