aka Pasta With a Little Help from My Friends
This recipe is one of those things that you throw together on the spot based on what you have on hand so it will never be exactly the same but my wife so loved it that I have attempted to write it down.
- The company of your significant other and two great friends; great food is always better with people you love
- Gluten Free Cooked Ziti Pasta; I favor Gluten Free Ronzoni in the yellow package
- Cooked LePuy Black Lentils; a sizable handful (I only learned of these from a dear friend and they make all other lentils pale in comparison; thanks E)
- Two Diced Hasselback Tomatoes
- A Handful of Small to Medium Sized Tomatoes also Diced
- The Remains of the Bread Crumb Pesto Used for the Hasselback Tomatoes
- A small handful of fresh basil preferably grown by a good friend (Hi L)
- Fresh Parmesan to taste
- 2 TBSP Tuscan Herb Olive Oil preferably one given to you by a Lentil friend (thanks E)
- In a large salad bowl combine the pasta diced tomatoes, lentils, basil and parmesan.
- Sauce the pasta with the olive oil.
- Top with the bread crumb pesto.
- Serve on a warm summer night while watching the sunset.