- 4 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks (when you separate the yolks from the whites put the yolks into individual coffee cups or small bowls)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or other grated cheese
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan or other grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer whip whites to sharp peaks. In a Kitchenaid this is generally 7 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper at the end.
- Fold in the 1/4 cup cheese taking care not to deflate the whites.
- Make nests of the whites on the baking sheet taking care to leave a small divot for the yolk.
- Bake the whites for 3 minutes.
- Remove the whites from the oven, add the yolks and sprinkle the 1 tbsp parmesan over the tops.
- Bake for 3 additional minutes.