- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 lbs medium tomatoes cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 eggs
- minced fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
- In large skillet heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, sea salt, red pepper, black pepper and boil gently (uncovered) for 12 to 15 minutes until thickened. Crush tomatoes from time to time with a spoon.
- Break eggs, one at a time, in to a small ramekin and then slip into the tomato mixture. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks start to thicken.
- Drizzle eggs with 1 tbsp oil, add salt and pepper, minced basil and top with parmesan