This is very much an impromptu recipe – I whipped it together from things on hand.
- 1.5 large tubs of cool whip – or an equivalent amount of whip cream. This would ruin the fat free nature but, well, that’s kind of joyful; fat free desserts are, after all, an oxymoron.
- 1 small package of vanilla pudding
- 4 ripe peaches diced / a container of strawberries / other fruit; if you use strawberries then macerate them with sugar first
- 1 8 ounce container of Trader Joe’s meringue cookies
- In your stand mixer, add the cool whip, pudding mix.
- Turn it on with the paddle attachment.
- Add the meringue cookies and listen for that infinitely satisfying crunch as they get pulverized.
- Turn off the mixer and fold in the peaches / fruit.
- Let sit in fridge one hour before consuming if you can wait that long.