- 1 package 14 oz caramels
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup peanut butter chex cereal
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp shortening
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, combine the caramels and water; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in pecans and cereal until coated.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the candy into the chocolate and coat all sides. Place on prepared sheet and refrigerate until set.
- Store in airtight container.