I first made this just before Thanksgiving 2021 and gifted a half dozen to the local organizer of Starbase Indy. She promptly renamed them “Love Muffins” much to my delight. They are good enough that I don’t see a future Thanksgiving or Christmas without them (just split a 32 ounce can of pumpkin and one pie and 12 cupcakes).
- 2/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice -or 3/4 tsp ginger and 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In another bowl combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Line a muffin tin with baking liners.
- Fill each cup with about 1/3 cup of the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Cool slightly before removing and refrigerating until cold.
Notes: They puff up when baking but sink when they cool.