- 1 gluten free pie crust, par-baked or pre baked for about 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ancho powder
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 milk, 1/2 semi sweet
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar for 4 minutes on medium-high speed until well whipped and fully incorporated; make sure the sugar isn’t gritty.
- Melt the butter on top of the stove and keep it warm.
- Lower the speed to medium low, add the flour and spics to the mixer and mix the dry ingredients with the sugar and egg until incorporated. Turn off the mixer. Add the chocolate chips. Bring the butter to a light boil (without burning it) and then pour the butter into the mixing bowl. Let it stand for 1 to 2 minutes. Mix on a low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed as the butter is incorporated and the chocolate begins to melt. Mix until the batter is a dark chocolate color and most if not all the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the center of the pie is set.