- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Passion fruit or mango sorbet, for serving
- Whisk the almond flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Beat the butter and sugar in a separate bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth, then mix in the dry ingredients. Refrigerate the dough until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough about 3 inches apart on the prepared sheets. Bake until golden and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool about 2 minutes on the baking sheets. One at a time, gently lift each cookie with an offset spatula. Immediately wrap it around the handle of a wooden spoon to curl. Once it sets, slide the cookie off the handle and let cool on a rack. Repeat with the remaining dough, allowing the baking sheets to cool between batches. (Don’t make too many cookies at once; they need to be shaped while still warm.) Serve with sorbet.