I’ve been making margaritas for a long, long time but I’ve never actually written down the process.
Note: Margaritas are strong; eat first.
- 1 shot tequila (I use 1800 silver)
- 1 shot orange liquor (I use triplesec but O2 is excellent and 2/3 the price of Grand Marnier, the best)
- 1 shot bottled lime juice (not Rose’s) or the juice of one lime
- Kosher Salt
- Small Shaker
- Shot Glass
- Small Plate for Salt
- Small bowl for dipping the rim of the glass in lime juice
- 3 to 4 cubes of ice
- Add to the shaker, one shot of tequila, one shot of orange liquor and one shot of lime juice (or the juice of the whole lime). Shake well.
- Put a little lime juice in the small bowl and dip the rim of the glass in it.
- Put a flat pile of salt on the small plate and dip the rim of the glass in it.
- Add the ice to the glass and fill with the contents of the shaker.