- 4 medium peaches pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I used bottled and it was just damn fine)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup boiling water (heat it on the damn stove; the microwave sucks for boiling water)
- Place peaches, lemon juice, sugar in a medium saucepan with the sugar on top.
- Add the boiling water over the sugar.
- Bring to a simmer BUT DO NOT STIR.
- Reduce the heat to a very low simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup thru a sieve into a bowl to remove the solids. The peaches can be saved to use for jam but bear in mind that they are now sugared peaches and this will change the amount of sugar to add. Add, just to be a d1ck, I’m not going to tell you how to adjust for that (Teasing - the Peach Truck Cookbook where this came from simply doesn’t say and I did it by taste).
- Pour it into a large bottle to use for cocktail mixing.