- 8 oz gluten free sugar cookies; Archway Brand. Archway can be hard to find and a substitute are Pamela’s Gluten Free Graham Crackers
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup or 2 oz confectioners sugar
- 4 tbsp Myers Dark Rum
- 2 tbsp Frangelico or Hazelnut Rum (yes this is a real thing; look for Sugarland’s Shine)
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (3.5 oz granulated sugar)
Note: If you are egg free as are some Celiacs then substitute the Pamela’s Gluten Free Graham Crackers for the Archway Sugar Cookies
Preheat oven to 300.
Put pecans on cookie sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
Process cookies and pecans in food processor until finely ground, about 15 to 30 seconds.
Transfer to standing mixer bowl. Add confectioners sugar, rum, frangelico, corn syrup and cocoa and mix well. The mixture may be too wet so you may need to add more cookie crumbs and remix until it is stiff enough to be rolled into balls.
Working with one heaping tablespoon at a time roll into balls and dip in sugar.
Transfer to container and refrigerate until firm about 1 hour.