- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
- 1/2 cup or 1 1/2 ounces dutch process cocoa (but plain Hershey’s cocoa works just fine)
- 2 tbsp or 2 ounces unsalted butter
- sprinkles, colored sugar or non-pareils for coating
- Grease 11x9” ceramic baking dish (8” square works as well).
- Combine condensed milk, cocoa and butter in medium saucepan.
- Cook over very low heat, stirring frequently until mixture is very thick and rubber spatula leaves trail when dragged thru, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and refrigerate until cool, at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Cut into a grid of roughly 1/2 to 3/4” in size and then remove each square and roll into a ball.
- Dip in coatings and then refrigerate.