Note: These are a more complex version similar to the currently Amaze Balls successful Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls I make annually. This makes vastly fewer. We moved away from these because my wife has problems with Cream Cheese once she developed Celiac but they are still good.
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp salted, dry roast peanuts chopped coarse plus 20 peanut halves
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate chopped or 2/3 cup semi sweet chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Line large plate with parchment paper. Stir sugar, peanut butter, cream cheese, chopped peanuts and vanilla in standing mixer until smooth. Roll mixture into 20 1/2” balls and space on plate. Freeze for 15 minutes.
Microwave chocolate and oil in covered bowl at 50% power stirring from time to time until melted and smooth, 2 to 4 minutes.
Using toothpick, pick up 1 ball and dip into molten chocolate to coat. Return ball to plate, remove toothpick and place peanut over hole. Repeat. Freeze 10 minutes. Store in fridge if possible