- 1 cup gluten free flour and 1/4 cup for dusting a working surface
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk (or buttermilk)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a pie plate or small baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add 1 cup flour, salt and baking power. Whisk dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the mayonnaise and milk and stir gently until combined into a dough.
- Spread the additional flour on the kneading surface. Dump the dough onto the prepared surface and gently fold the dough onto itself several times until it is no longer sticky. (Add more flour to the kneading surface, if necessary.) Avoid overworking the dough.
- Use your fingers or a rolling pin to gently flatten the dough to about 1/2- to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into biscuits. Place the biscuits, sides touching, on the prepared pie plate or baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. Yields about 6 biscuits, depending on circumference of cutting tool (I used a small mason jar).