This is a double batch and it makes approximately 20 biscuits.
- 5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 7 tbsp butter, melted (or ghee, or melted coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp pure honey (I prefer sage honey due to its mild flavor)
- 4 tbsp pure coconut milk (room temperature is best), milk or buttermilk
- 4 large eggs (room temperature is best)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda and salt and whisk.
- In a stand mixer, whisk together melted butter (or coconut oil) and honey, until smooth.
- Add the milk, eggs and vinegar, whisking together until well combined.
- Using a spoon, stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until thoroughly combined.
- For quick and easy drop biscuits: Drop biscuit dough by large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, placing the biscuits approximately two-inches apart.
- For classic-style rolled-looking biscuits: Scoop a large spoonful of batter into your hands and roll into a ball about the size of an apricot. Then place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and gently flatten using the palm of your hand.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Serve warm with butter, raw honey or homemade jam.