- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup chopped peaches; about 1 medium
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (this is the small container)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick salted butter at room temp
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a 10” cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the peaches and cook for 3 minutes. Add the jalapeños and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a holding bowl and put the cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs and buttermilk in a small bowl. Add the buttermilk / egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add in the peach mixture and stir.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven. Add the remaining 2 tbsp butter and coat the bottom of the pan with it. Pour the batter in the skillet and put it in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes and then cool slightly before serving.
- Stir together the honey and the butter until smooth.
- Serve with the warm cornbread.