I recently found myself at Lisa Meece’s house for a wonderful night of board gaming (thank you Miss Lisa). Prior to the evening starting, a Facebook message called out the need for desserts and I tossed these together on a whim.
- 1 stick butter cut into chunks
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (yes it must be unsweetened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (oh hell just 2 damn eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (overflowing is best)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 cups gluten free flour (1:1 replacement style such as King Arthur or Bob’s Red Mill)
- Confectioners sugar to put over the top of the brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 with rack in middle position. I used a baking steel underneath the pan but that’s likely not necessary.
- In mixing cup or small bowl combine butter and chocolate and microwave at 50% power until melted.
- In stand mixer combine all other ingredients (except confectioners sugar) and mix well.
- Add chocolate and butter.
- Line 8x8 pan with tinfoil and make a sling to lift them out.
- Coat tinfoil with non stick spray.
- Bake at 350 for 22 to 27 minutes.
- Let cool and then sprinkle with the confectioners sugar. Use the colander / wire mesh trick to get it on there evenly without clumping.
- Accept accolades from gluten free people who generally lack decent baked goods.