Beef Satay Ingredients 1½ pounds flank steak or london broil Wooden skewers ¼ cup soy sauce ¼ cup vegetable oil 2 tbsp sriracha ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro 2 medium garlic cloves minced 4 scallions, white and green parts sliced thin Peanut Sauce Ingredients ½ cup creamy peanut butter (Jif) ¼ cup hot water 1 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp juice from 1 lime 2 tbsp sriracha 1 tbsp dark brown sugar 1 clove garlic minced 1 tbsp chopped cilantro 2 scallion white and green parts sliced thin
Beef Satay Directions
- Cut the steak in half lengthwise and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, oil, chili sauce, brown sugar, cilantro, garlic and scallions in measuring cup and set aside.
- Remove the steak from freezer and slice each piece across the grain into 1/4” thick strips. Weave the meat onto the skewers. Dunk the meat end of each skewer into the marinade to coat. Lay the skewers in a shallow dish propping up the exposed end of the skewers to keep them clean. Pour the remaining marinate over the meat. Refrigerate for exactly 1 hour.
- Adjust an oven rack to the top position and heat the broiler. Lay the skewers on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet and cover the skewer ends with foil.
- Broil for 6 to 7 minutes, flipping half way through until browned. Serve immediately with the peanut sauce.
Peanut Sauce Directions
- Whisk peanut butter and hot water together in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients