- 12 apples, 6 honey crisp, 6 cortland, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, divided
- Additional cinnamon for sprinkling over the top
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats for sprinkling on the top
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup cold, unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter an 10x13 baking dish, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped apples, granulated sugar, 1/2 tbsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add topping ingredients (brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter) and stir.
- Transfer topping ingredients to a cuisinart and use the pulse button to merge the butter in until mixture resembled pea-sized crumbs or comes together. Alternatively, you can use two forks or even your hands to cut butter into the mixture.
- Spread topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out. Top with additional oats and additional sprinkles of cinnamon
- Bake 50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.