Havalah is a neighbor of ours that has fed us a wonderful Southwestern Chicken Chili on a number of occasions and this is my attempt to honor it - Navalah = Not Havalah.
- 3 halved, spiced, grilled chicken breasts, cubed
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes separated into half; one part as is and the other part pureed
- 1 can corn pureed
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 diced white onion
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 2 poblano peppers diced
- 5 cloves garlic diced
- 1 4 - ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans 15 oz canellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Add oil and butter to pan and heat up. Cook onions, peppers, garlic and diced green chiles for 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, salt, sugar and stir.
- Add chicken broth, black beans, navy beans, undrained tomatoes, pureed tomatoes and ketchup.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a food processor, cover and process 2 cups of the corn until pureed.
- Add pureed corn, the remaining 1/2 cup whole corn, and turkey.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.