This pad thai dish is served with a side component of Peanut Satay sauce which really boosts the “peanut buttery-ness” of the dish.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 to 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 ounces rice noodles
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can water chestnuts minced
- 5 Green Onions Diced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanutes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon Asian chili paste, such as sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Bring 1 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon curry powder, peanut butter, chicken stock, and 1/4 cup brown sugar to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and soy sauce; season to taste with salt.
- Bring a small pot of water to a rolling boil and cook the rice noodles for 5 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, water, peanut butter, chili paste, brown sugar and cider vinegar and mix well.
- Heat wok with oil until very hot.
- Add shrimp and vegetables and sear until done.
- Add eggs and scramble until done.
- Add rice noodles and sauce and saute with ingredients.
- Serve with peanut sauce on the side for those who want it.