- 1 can pinto beans, 16 oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 anchovy filets, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tbsp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan
- 1 large ball mozzarella, chopped
- Make a sauce by combining the basil, anchovies, dijon mustard, garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beans to a sauce pan with the chicken stock and 2 tbsp olive oil. Bring to a simmer and then add 1/2 of the sauce from step 1.
- Cook until liquid thickens and beans are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the sauce, the parmesan and the mozzarella and stir to blend together.
See note #2 below to make this even better.
- This was based on a Wall Street Journal recipe “Borlotti Beans with Mozzarella and Salsa Verde”.
- To make this even more delicious, serve it in a bowl with bits of Momofuku Ssam Pork added.