- 4 Bell Peppers of Assorted Colors
- 1 Onion Minced
- 1/4 to 1/4 Poblano Pepper Minced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Cooked Lentils (I like pink but any type will work)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan
- Preheat Oven to 350 and boil a small pot of water.
- Core the bell peppers leaving their shape intact by cutting off the top and removing the seeds and ribs.
- In a small skillet saute the ground beef, onion and poblano pepper for 5 minutes until cooked.
- In a large bowl combine cooked lentils, ground beef, parmesan and bread crumbs. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Put the bell peppers into the boiling water for 5 minutes - pro tip - fill the bell peppers with water so they don’t float around aimlessly and instead stand up like proper Bell Pepper Soldiers!
- Remove the bell peppers and dunk in cold water to so you can handle them.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the beef / lentil mixture.
- Cook at 350 for 45 minutes.