|Last updated: 6/16/2002; 10:22:21 AM|
Marketing 101. Consulting 101. PHP Consulting. Random geeky stuff. I Blog Therefore I Am.Very, Very Practical Tips for the Busy Person : Part 3 - More Computer Stuff
Based on an enthusiastic response from Sooz,
I don’t know about you but I am busy. Very busy. And, if you don’t want to make mistakes when you are busy, you need help. Over the past many years, I have found that these tips really help me quite a bit. Listed below are 10 tips for busy people. You’ll laugh and some are silly perhaps but I use most of them every single day.
- Learn to use Google well. Invaluable. Here are quick tips:
- Encase text in double “ to indicate a phrase. Phrases make your result lists shorter which is faster for you. Example: “Scott Johnson” not Scott Johnson.
- Restrict searches within a single site using “site:URL” (no quotes). Let’s say you want to only search www.microsoft.com because, like me, you can’t find anything with the Microsoft search engine. Here’s how: “Index Server” site:microsoft.com. This would find the phrase Index Server but only on the Microsoft site (note: phrases aren’t required).
- Find Local Files By Date.
- Add More Ram.
- Write down, in a text file or preferably a memo on your palm pilot, EVERY SINGLE software serial # you have. Invaluable. (I just this morning accessed a serial number for Teleport Pro, a utility I bought in 1997).
- If you are distributing a document to be edited and you are using Microsoft Word AND you need to keep changing it while they are editing use this approach.
- Send the person reviewing it the document.
- Tell them to Turn on Change Tracking with Tools ==> Track Changes ==> Highlight Changes ==> and then check the “Track Changes While Editing” box.
- They do teh edit
|Copyright 2002 © The FuzzyStuff|