Its time to become a P^3 person. I mean I know Perl, I know PHP. Why not *drum roll* Python?
- Download Python 2.4. Done.
- Ask knowledgeable Python Person "What Gui Framework?". "WxWindows". Download. Done.
- Open obligatory 2 year old Python book that my wonderful wife gave me as a present back in 2003. Read first chapter. Done.
- Type "Hello World" into Idle. Done.
- Plan first project. Make it something I need. Ah yes. Got it. Need to research if its viable in Python. Requires a tree control, launching external apps under Windows, getting a process ID and an edit control. Should be viable.
- Write first blog entry about Learning Python to force myself to follow through on it. Done.
Heh. Feels good to be geeky again. P^3 is the goal I say, P^3. Hm... Given that in another age I did prolog can that make me already P^3 or does code you last wrote in 1987 not count anymore ?